Needless to say, fruits are great for you, inside and out.
Skin wise, constant servings of fruit will give you a glow unlike no other.
Remember the skin is the body’s largest and most visible organ; so it does make a whole lot of sense, to keep it glowing.
Forget the cosmetics, fruits can actually do better.
Fruits contain vitamins and antioxidants which help maintain skin health.
Vitamin A found in fruits such as mangoes, apples, lemon, bananas, avocado, strawberries, oranges, prunes, papaya and in other foods such as carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach and eggs helps to keep the skin healthy.
Here is a quick guide to some fruits that will work best for you, by your skin type.
For Normal Skin:
Grapes, raspberries and papayas will help the dermis moist and strong. The dermis is the middle layer of the skin. The dermis is often refered to as the real skin because it houses the skin’s vital structures.
Eat more grapes-why? They brighten the skin.
For Oily Skin:
- Apricotsprovide your skin with moisture and do not clog your pores.
- Applesexfoliate skin.
- Oranges, apples, lemons and strawberries, exfoliate skin, while cutting through dirt and oil.
For Dry, Sensitive Skin:
- Coconutsmoisturize the skin.
- Mangoes, due to their high omega fat content, provide loads of hydration. They also soften the skin.
- Bananas, olives, and avocadosalso provide hydration, soften skin and create a barrier that protects the skin from excessive drying.
For Combination Skin:
- Acai packed with moisturizing omega-fatty acids, aids in rejuvenating and rebuilding skin.
- Grapefruit exfoliates, wards off skin cancer and helps build up collagen — the most abundant protein in the human body, responsible for holding us together.
- Pumpkin seed oil helps fight acne.
- Cucumber reduces redness, swelling and dark circles, as well as tightens pores.
- Blueberries combat inflammation, acne, and combats the aging process.
Try these foods for overall healthy Skin
- Olive oil: a higher consumption of olive oil is associated with fewer signs of aging compared to those who ate less than about 1 teaspoon.
- Tomatoes: Tomato paste also comes in handy in terms of protection from UV radiation and sun burn.
- By all accounts, green tea makes skin more smooth and elastic.
If you are thinking, healthy and glowing skin, try Bringo Fresh.
We bring fresh fruit and veggies straight to your door step.
Check our homepage for details.